HOW TO GET HERE:
Puerto Galera lies approximately 100 miles due south of Manila. The place is situated on the north tip of Mindoro island across the Verde island passage from Luzon (the main island where Manila is situated.) Travel time to Puerto Galera is around three hours by bus and ferry.
Upon arrival to Puerto Galera you travel to the resort via local motorized outrigger boat (banca).
There are 3 options on how to get to Puerto Galera.
1. via Public Transfer
2. SIKAT Bus / Ferry Service
3. via Private Transfer
1. Via Public Transfer
You can go to any of the following bus terminals in Metro Manila nears you:
- Bus Terminals along Taft Avenue near the corner of Gil Puyat Avenue (formerly Buendia), Pasay City – nearest from (NAIA) Ninoy Aquino International Airport and Domestic Airport.
- Bus Terminal in Cubao, Quezon City.
- Bus Terminal in EDSA corner Kamias Street, Quezon City.
- Bus Terminal in Alabang, Muntinlupa City.
Ride the air-conditioned bus going straight to Batangas pier via CALABARZON Expressway. Travel time to Batangas pier will take more or less 2 hours and the fare is less than 200 pesos.
Upon arrival in Batangas pier, go to Terminal 3 (for Outrigger Ferries) or Terminal 2 (for the RORO ferry) and find the ticket booth of the ferry going to Puerto Galera.
Puerto Galera has now 3 major points of entry, namely, Sabang Pier, Muelle Pier, and White Beach. If you are going to Sabang, choose the ferry that will go directly to Sabang Pier. If you are going to White Beach, make sure that the ferry will go to White Beach.
There are many shipping companies plying the Batangas-Puerto Galera route. The major passenger ferries are as follows: FSL or Father and Son Shipping Lines and MSL or Minolo Shipping Lines.
The maximum capacity of an outrigger ferry is from 60 up to 120 passengers. The ticket costs is always depends on the season, regular season currently is ranging from 250 to 300 pesos and peak season is around 300-350 pesos, one-way.
The first ferry trip to Puerto Galera is 7:30 am during the normal season and every hour thereafter, one or 2 ferries depart until 4:30 pm which is usually the last trip to Puerto Galera.
If you happen to disembark at the wrong pier or landing site, there are tricycles that you can hire to bring you to the resort of your choice.
Guests may also opt to use their own car to drive to Batangas Port where there is secured and covered parking available 24 hours, for a fee of Php 200.00 per day. Once there, Ferry services to any port of Puerto Galera are available for Php 250.00 or depends on sthe eason plus the (EUF) Environmental Tax of Php50.00 and Php 10.00 terminal fee.
2. SIKAT Bus / Ferry Service
A more convenient way is by SIKAT Bus and Ferry service. As the name suggests, you board the bus that go directly to Batangas pier where a ferry will be waiting to bring you to Puerto Galera.
The Manila to Puerto Galera schedule is as follows:
- 8:30 AM Si-KAT Bus departs at City State Tower, Mabini St., Ermita, Manila
- 10:30 AM Arrival in Batangas Pier
- 11:00 AM Outrigger boat leaves for Puerto Galera
- 12:15 PM Outrigger boat arrives in Sabang Beach
- 1:00 PM Outrigger boat docks in Muelle Pier
The Puerto Galera to Manila schedule is as follows:
- 8:15 AM Outrigger boat departs from Muelle Pier for Sabang
- 9:00 AM Outrigger boat leaves Sabang Beach for Batangas Pier
- 10:45 AM Si-Kat Bus leaves for Manila
- 1:15 PM Arrival in Mabini St., Ermita, Manila
- One-way journey takes 2 hours by bus and 1 hour by boat.
- ADULT: One-way P700.00, Round-trip P1,400.00. (Any return ticket issued is open.)
- CHILDREN: One-way P350.00, Round-trip P700.00. (Any return ticket issued is open.)
For more information please call Telephone No. (02) 708-96-28.
The Si-Kat office is open from 7am to 6pm on Mondays thru Saturdays, and from 7am to 11am on Sundays.
G/F Citystate Tower Hotel
1315 A. Mabini St., Ermita